After getting just an appetizer last weekend in Week Zero–it was a tasty upset of Nebraska by Illinois–the Big Ten goes full force this week.
Week One offers a mixed bag of games that should see the B1G power poll get shaken up. The best game: Penn State at Wisconsin. The worst? Fordham at Nebraska.
A look at the latest poll.
1. Ohio State: Breaking in a new QB with a Thursday night date in Dinkytown vs. a dangerous Minnesota team. What could possibly go wrong?
Up next: at Minnesota (Sept. 2)
2. Indiana: The last time the Hoosiers’ shadow darkened Iowa City? It was 2014.
Up next: at Iowa (Sept. 4)
3. Penn State: A Labor gift from the football gods: Nits at Bucky. Thanks!
Up next: at Wisconsin
4. Wisconsin: Badgers have lost four in a row to PSU, which hasn’t been to Madison since 2013.
Up next: Penn State (Sept. 4)
5. Iowa: Last time Herky lost to IU in Kinnick? It was 2007.
Up next: Indiana (Sept. 4)
6. Michigan: The backup long snapper may get to play in this game. Michigan won last meeting, 49-3, in 2018.
Up next: Western Michigan (Sept. 4)
7. Minnesota: Gophers have lost 26 of last 27 vs. Buckeyes.
Up next: Ohio State (Sept. 2)
8. Northwestern: Let the Hunter Johnson era begin!
Up next: Michigan State (Sept. 4)
9. Rutgers: An old Big East matchup vs. the Owls; RU has won last four meetings.
Up next: Temple (Sept. 4)
10. Purdue: Boilers are 1-3 in openers in Brohm era.
Up next: Oregon State (Sept. 4)
11. Illinois: No truth to the rumor that George Gervin coaches UTSA. Too bad.
Up next: Texas-San Antonio (Sept. 4)
12. Maryland: Underrated rivals. Morgantown is about 210 miles from College Park, Md., WVU won nine of last 10.
Up next: West Virginia (Sept. 4)
13. Nebraska: Fordham? Really? This would have been a good matchup … in 1936 when Vince Lombardi was one of the Rams’ “Seven Blocks of Granite.”
Up next: Fordham (Sept. 4)
14. Michigan State: Anthony Russo? Payton Thorne? Whoever is under center needs to provide solid QB play.
Up next: at Northwestern (Sept. 4)