CREWS rushed to the scene of an electrical fire this morning involving solar panels.
The incident happened at around 9.30am when firefighters from Didcot Fire Station were called to a report of a fire in an outdoor electrical installation at a car dealership at Milton Gate, near Didcot.
On arrival crews were met by staff who had already used a CO2 extinguisher on the fire, but the fire would still not go out.
This was because solar panels were involved, meaning they could not be easily isolated and continued to remain live, despite looking ‘switched off’.
Firefighters disconnected the panels and used sheeting to block the suns rays thus rendering them safe until the wiring could be repaired.
For news updates straight to your inbox, sign up to our newsletter here.
Have you got a story for us? Contact our newsdesk on [email protected] or 01865 425 445