FIREFIGHTERS dealt with a gas cylinder that caught fire this morning.
Crews From Slade Park Fire Station and Rewley Road Fire Station were called to the scene in Greater Leys just after 9.20am.
The fire involved a gas cylinder within an outside structure and three houses had to be evacuated for just under an hour while the cylinder vented off and crews were able to make it safe.
The fire was accidental, but the fire service says it highlights the importance of making sure both elective and gas appliances are stored safely and used correctly.
No one was hurt and families were allowed back in their houses just after 10.15am.
For news updates straight to your inbox, sign up to our newsletter here.
Have you got a story for us? Contact our newsdesk on [email protected] or 01865 425 445