Firefighters battled a blaze in a garage after a suspected electrical fault.
On Tuesday morning at 9.30am, crews from Witney Fire Station supported by Eynsham Fire Station and Rewley Road Fire Station were called to reports of a fire in a domestic garage in the Crofts area of Witney.
When the firefighters arrived they were faced with smoke coming out of the detached garage and a fire spreading in the building.
A team wearing breathing apparatus quickly extinguished the fire with hoses. Firefighters said the quick actions from the crews prevented the fire from escalating and causing more damage.
The cause of the fire is believed to be an electrical fault.
Keep up to date with all the latest news on our website, or follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
For news updates straight to your inbox, sign up to our newsletter here.
Have you got a story for us? Contact our newsdesk on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01865 425 445.
Leave a Reply