rince Andrew’s siblings held a summit nine months ago in which they agreed their brother would never return to public life, it has been claimed.
Charles, Anne and Edward met in January to discuss the scandal-hit prince who is facing a sex abuse lawsuit in the US.
Virginia Giuffre, 38, one of Jeffrey Epstein’s victims, filed a civil case against the duke in August, accusing him of rape and sexual assault when she was 17 — claims that she has made for several years and which he has always vehemently denied. His lawyers say the accusations are “baseless”.
A source told the Sun on Sunday: “Nine months ago Charles, Anne and Edward had a meeting, a summit, and agreed there was no way back for him.”
Prince William is also said to see his uncle as a threat to the monarchy’s future.
Sources close to William told the the Sunday Times that he thinks Andrew has an “ungracious and ungrateful” attitude to his position.
One insider said: “There is no way in the world he’s ever coming back, the family will never let it happen.”
William, 39, had his own meeting with the Queen and his father Charles after Andrew’s disastrous Newsnight interview almost two years ago.
A source reveled that William despises Andrew’s attitude.
“Any suggestion there isn’t gratitude for the institution, anything that could lead the public to think that senior members of the family aren’t grateful for their position, (William thinks) is really dangerous,” the insider said.
The royals were said to be shocked when Andrew took it upon himself to speak to TV cameras following his Prince Philip’s death in April.
They feared he was trying to force his way back into the spotlight as a bid to return to public life.
“(Andrew) was literally gunning to be in front of a camera and was making it clear to the households that he was going to be in front of a camera ASAP,” a source said.
Andrew has kept a low profile over the past few months and even missed the birth of his granddaughter after Princess Beatrice went into labour.
He has twice visited Balmoral this summer to visit his mother, who is paying his legal fees from her Duchy of Lancaster income.
Andrew’s US legal team finally accepted the case had been served on September 21 and a preliminary hearing is due to be held in New York next month.
Buckingham Palace, Kensington Palace and Prince Andrew did not comment.
Leave a Reply