Incredible moment brave dad saves neighbour’s puppy from being crushed to death by a monster python
- A Melbourne father-of-two saved a young family’s pet puppy ‘Panda’ from snake
- Stewart Brasier had just cracked open a beer when he heard a commotion
- He jumped back fence of his Sunshine Coast Airbnb to find pup being crushed
- The pub owner wrestled the snake off the dog much to relief of Staffy’s owners
Stewart Brasier had just cracked open a beer at the AirBnb he was staying at on Monday when he heard a commotion from next door.
The father-of-two immediately scrambled over the back fence and was greeted with the chaotic scene of the neighbour’s two young girls screaming as their new Staffy pup was being crushed by a huge snake.
The girl’s mother was on the phone to Sunshine Coast Snake Catchers who spoke about the incident on Wednesday.
Melbourne dad Stewart Brasier (pictured) has been called a ‘hero’ after saving a Sunshine Coast family’s pet puppy from a python
Mr Brasier jumped the back fence of his Airbnb and wrestled the python off the pup as the owners watched on in shock (pictured)
‘There was no way that a snake catcher could get there in time so I had to talk her and the neighbour through how to get the snake off the dog as quickly and safely as possible,’ business owner Stuart McKenzie said.
‘They were able to uncoil the snake from around the dogs body and then separate them and save the dogs life. The snake was also unharmed as well,’ Mr McKenzie said.
Mr Brasier had to grab the snake by the head and pry it off ‘Panda’ the puppy.
‘The dog was totally screeching. All you could see was a little bit of the dog’s midsection,’ he told The Sunshine Coast Daily.
Panda the Staffy puppy (right) is doing fine after being saved from the 2.5m python (left) which was safely relocated
‘I’m wrestling with it and I’m yelling out to my mother-in-law to put a beer in the freezer because I’m going to need one after this, it was horrendous,’ he said.
The Melburnian then put the snake in a pillow case before the snake catcher’s arrived to relocate the reptile.
‘In the end they did a great job getting the snake off the dog uninjured and the dog got away with a few small cuts and lacerations,’ Mr McKenzie said.
He said the snake was ‘just looking for food’ and said that while rare this can happen and pet owners should keep an eye on small animals when they are outside.
‘So glad the puppy is ok and noone was hurt – happy ending for all,’ one person said.
‘Great effort by everyone involved,’ another person added.
Mr Brasier received a gift basket from the grateful young family (pictured)